African Crafts & Stories For Kids - Part 3
Time & Location
About the Event
NOTE: These classes take place every Sunday from 9:00 am to 9:50 am PT between February 6th and March 6th (except February 20th).
In this fun and unique class, kids will listen to stories and folktales from across the continent of Africa and then they'll complete a simple craft related to the story they heard. As the stories are being told, the kids will be asked to participate in the story as a group with their movement, voices, and emotions, making it a highly immersive and interactive storytelling experience.
Each class begins with a brief introduction to the country the story is from, or the topic the story is about. Then, the storytelling beings. The final part of the session is the craft related to the story, which takes up most of the time. The crafts for this class are kept simple on purpose so that parents don't need to spend too much extra buying materials. Most of the supplies needed are things that many people already have at home.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at: https://teniandtayo.com/contact
Ideal for kids aged 5 to 9 years old.
Supplies Needed For Craft
- 1 to 2 pieces of paper
- Colored pencils, crayons, or markers
- Stick Glue
- A pair of scissors
- Masking Tape (or any other kind of sticky tape)
- You will also receive a link to a sheet that you should print before class
Stories Included In Part 3
- Why Chickens Can't Fly
- How The First Bridge Was Made
- The Deceptive Snake (The Monkey's Justice)
- The Snake Chief
- The Story of the Hero Makoma
Why Take This Class?
Learning about culture can either help children connect with their roots and appreciate their own history more, or it can help them better appreciate diversity so that they can respectfully interact and engage with people from different backgrounds. Plus, global awareness is highlighted by CEOs and educational experts as one of the most important skills that leaders of tomorrow need to possess in order to be successful in their careers.
Using folktales is a fun way for kids to learn about other cultures because who doesn’t love a good story? The stories in this class are captivating and entertaining and are most likely like nothing the kids have heard before, which makes the session all that more enchanting. So, whether you want them to learn about the culture or you are just looking for something for them to do, this class is sure to have your children captivated and entertained the whole way through.
- 5 Wk Bundle - Feb 6 to Mar 13$60+$1.50 Service fee$60+$1.50 Service fee0$0
- Feb 6th @ 9am PT$14+$0.35 Service fee$14+$0.35 Service fee0$0
- Feb 13th @ 9am PT$14+$0.35 Service fee$14+$0.35 Service fee0$0
- Feb 27th @ 9am PT$14+$0.35 Service fee$14+$0.35 Service fee0$0
- Mar 6th @ 9am PT$14+$0.35 Service fee$14+$0.35 Service fee0$0
- Mar 13th @ 9am PT$14+$0.35 Service fee$14+$0.35 Service fee0$0