African Folktales - Story & Craft - Part 2
Time & Location
About the Event
NOTE: These classes take place every Sunday at 9:00 to 9:50 am PT between July 18th and August 15.
In this fun and interactive class, kids get to listen to an enthralling African Folktale each week. As the stories are being told, participants will get to play different characters as they act out mini scenes from the tale (they are more than welcome to sit back and just watch if the prefer). They'll learn interesting facts about the country, culture, or history behind the story and they'll spend a few minutes discussing the important lessons they learned. Then we’ll wrap up the class with a simple paper art craft to remember the story.
This class will have the kids moving and talking as they act out scenes and eagerly wait to find out how the story ends.
Ideal for kids aged 5 to 9 years old.
Stories included in Part 2
1. The woman with no children
2. The careless mermaid
3. The girl who loved her mom
4. The lazy tortoise and the kings' carving
5. Jabu and the lion
Supplies Needed For Craft
• 1 to 2 pieces of paper
• Colored pencils, crayon or marker
• A pair of scissors
• You will also receive a link to a sheet that you should print before class
Why Take This Class?
Learning about culture can either help children connect with their roots and appreciate their own history more, or it can help them better appreciate diversity so that they can respectfully interact and engage with people from different backgrounds. Plus, global awareness is highlighted by CEOs and educational experts as one of the most important skills that leaders of tomorrow need to possess in order to be successful in their careers.
Using folktales is a fun way for kids to learn about other cultures because who doesn’t love a good story? The stories in this class are captivating and entertaining, and are most likely like nothing the kids have heard before, which makes the session all that more enchanting. So, whether you want them to learn about culture or you are just looking for something for them to do, this class is sure to have your children captivated and entertained the whole way through.
- 5 Wk Bundle - Jul 18 to Aug 15$60+$1.50 Service fee$60+$1.50 Service fee0$0
- Jul 18th @ 9am PT$14+$0.35 Service fee$14+$0.35 Service fee0$0
- Jul 25th @ 9am PT$14+$0.35 Service fee$14+$0.35 Service fee0$0
- Aug 1st @ 9am PT$14+$0.35 Service fee$14+$0.35 Service fee0$0
- Aug 8th @ 9am PT$14+$0.35 Service fee$14+$0.35 Service fee0$0
- Aug 15th @ 9am PT$14+$0.35 Service fee$14+$0.35 Service fee0$0